12.09.2008

New Years Resolutions aka Re-Potting

This is the time of year that people start thinking about resolutions, goals, etc.  They think about changing something, or many things, about themselves.  Well, I have had many fiascos in my own life trying to do this, but I think re-potting my plants has proven even worse!  So, a very patient friend of mine, who I like to call Sir. Bob, (and I've always wondered if that nickname ever irritated him, because I've never asked if I could use it.  One seldom does with nicknames.) has done an entire post, pictures and all, on how to effectively repot a plant.  I am telling you, you don't want to miss it.  It's great!  It will make you want to repot everything in the vicinity whether they need it or not.    So, zoom over here and see for yourself!

Thank you, Sir Bob.  

And by the by, do spider plants do better with less room or more room in the pot?  

Merry Christmas!

6 comments:

Zachary and Jennifer said...

Re-potting is also on my list...

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

That was a great hint!

Jeanette said...

Gday Red Clover, Ive already tryed Bobs potting tip. Great tip.
my spider plant is well overgrown the pot its in and ive got no intention to put into a bigger pot.Ive also got a patch in the fernery of it , its like a noxious weed i have been digging it out for a couple of weeks now im down to a small patch and going to try to contain it to a small patch..if you enlarge my second photo you should be able to see it near the end of the fernery.. take care happy potting...

LHall said...

That was a terrific re-potting post by Bob! Amazing!

Liz said...

Bob gives great tips on plants. He's certainly improved my gardening! Jen is right. Spider plants grow everywhere with all their little pups. I have some growing in the garden. Wonderful plants.
Great you're in the christmas spirit. Sorry I haven't been over sooner.

Lots of happy gardening
Liz

Rob said...

I'm pleased you found the repotting tip useful. No I don't mind what anyone calls me as long as they say it with a kind heart. Bob is just my bloggin name anyway, my real name is Robert and my friends call me Rob. Do Spider plants do better with room? Well I tend to find that Spider plants just DO! I guess they would probably prefer a bit of room to grow but I've had them grow with roots so tightly packed that the pot is distorted and can only be removed with a sharp knife.