5.26.2009

Love Affair


There it is!  My very own osteopernum.  Sigh.  I'm smitten.  

 This particular variety, with it's butter yellow petals and indigo center (called Lemon Symphony), is from Proven Winners.  I have a white osteopernum which I will have to show you soon...they are marvelous.    The plant boasts of several blooms at once, creating a satisfying presence of yellow flowers that open up wide during the day, then close up shop at night.  They are also deer resistant!  I've planted two below a purple Dahlia, with some forget me not down in front.  When all three are blooming (waiting on the forget me not) it should be beautiful!  

Anyway, totally enamored.  

~ Red Clover

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for all the congratulations on the gardening jobs!  I am sure to learn a lot...

I've already learned that sometimes people assume gardening is just a snap your fingers, get to it, and it should look like the cover on this magazine, right?   Well, no.  It takes time to build things up.  I've decided I can't worry about if people think I have accomplished enough.  I am working hard, and doing a good job.   The devil is in the details in gardening, and unless you're putting several thousand dollars into it, that Better Homes & Gardens cover probably won't be happening next week, or the one after that.  Smiles.  


No comments: