1.10.2009

"Brave New World"; Red Clover 2009

  I always thought "Brave New World" was a great title for a book and sitting from the stoop of an early January I am ready for one.  I look forward to this year with anticipation, a few plans, but mainly an eagerness to fill my mind with worthy things, my tongue with softness and my heart with light.  

I am excited for "Red Clover" to begin my first spring as a self-proclaimed amateur and really dig in to learn what I can -- mainly through experimentation and observation.  That reminds me, I need to talk to Kip about a flower budget...

I talked him into a new plant today as we were at the store because for only three dollars and fifty cents we could take home our very own Dracaena Marginata!  (Dragon Tree).   More on that soon...

I have taken this first week off, because I needed a break from all things, and am excited to begin again.  I hope your holiday season was as wonderful as mine, and that you are looking forward to spring with excitement.  (Those of you in the southern hemisphere should just post dozens of pictures of your beautiful flowers!)   On we go, January!  

I have a few projects in the works to help me be ready, but we will get to those another day.  

It's good to be back!  

Love, 

Red Clover 2009


2 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Nice to see you are getting in gear for the coming season, red clover. Here it is a little too early I think. The snowdrops are peeping through and I am keeping an eye open for the first aconites. Did you buy the dragon tree? Best wishes for the year ahead.

Jeanette said...

Gday red Clover,,
I just love the colours in the dragon tree. and looks lovely on the window table..
I Googled plant scale this site come up It might help you


http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/MG005